- 62% of search engine users click on a search result within the first page of results
- 90% of search engine users click on a result within the first three pages of search results.
- 41% of search engine users who continue their search when not finding what they seek, report changing their search term and/or search engine if they do not find what they are looking for on the first page of search results.
- In the case where an initial search is unsuccessful, 82% of search engine users will re- launch their search using the same search engine as they used for their initial search, but add more keywords to refine their subsequent search
- 36% of search engine users believe that the companies whose websites are returned at the top of the search results are the top companies in that field. Another 39% feel neutral on this question, with only 25% believing that top search engine rankings do not automatically denote an industry leader.
Posted in Quick Facts | No Comments »